Thursday, November 29, 2007

Adventures in Plano

Stephen and I set out to go to Plano this morning for a sonogram to check out his hips. I was born with Ehlers-Danlos, a genetic disorder, and have a 50-50 chance of giving it to my children. Because of Ehlers-Danlos, which affects the collagen in the body, I was born with dislocated hips. I was slightly concerned that Stephen might have this, but it turns out he's fine. In fact in the last couple of days, he's begun to put weight on his legs when I hold him in the standing position. It only lasts a couple of seconds, but I was pretty impressed.

Plano is far. Granted, it only took about 25 minutes to get home, but it took about an hour getting there because of traffic. Stephen was pretty good in the car as long as I went above 30mph. The Plano imaging place is right next to Prestonwood Baptist Church, which I mistook for another hospital because it is so large and according to its website has 28,000 members (average attendance 14,000). This is just beyond me.

No comments: